Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Round-a-bout Etiquette

So this happened to me the other week...

I was driving along a local street near my house and came to a round-a-bout. At exactly the same time as I arrived at the intersection, three other cars also arrived from each of the other three directions. We all stopped and no-one moved; there was a car to the right of each of us to which we were all required to give way, so technically none of us could go anywhere. In programming terms, we were stuck in an infinite loop; had we all be completely law abiding citizens, we'd all be sitting there still. Fortunately for me, after about 20 seconds I got bored of the whole thing and decided to just go through the intersection and end the dead lock. This is neither nor interesting, but it happened and it is now blogged.